Monday, April 14, 2008

Who Knew? Art 634 Fairy Festival











What is a Fairy Festival? Well, I didn't really know until yesterday. I was invited to set up a display in the Gallery at Art 634. Oh, what a glorious place! I love the energy there. It is a place I dream of setting up shop some day. Timing is everything though. Maybe when all of the pieces fall together!








The 1st Annual Fairy Festival was a great success! There were hoards of families and little girls dressed up like fairies flittering around getting their faces painted, going on a scavenger hunt, making tooth fairy boxes, watching belly dancing, and having tea with the Jackson Rose Queen. There were even little boys there enjoying themselves!








At first when I was asked to come down there to set up a display, I declined. I didn't have enough time to formulate some fairy products. I didn't think my stuff would appeal to the "fairy"set without some special fairy bath and body goodies. I just wasn't thinking enough outside the box. Of course, the mommies and grandmommies were there, and were excited to see something for "them" too! It was a lot of fun, and something I want to definitely do again, if invited. I will be prepared next year with some fairy goodies for the younger ones. Maybe some sparkling fairy bath dust, maybe fairy wings soap, hmmmmm, the creative process begins!








I also brought a book with me that was sent to me by a family in Grand Rapids called Ashleigh's Fairies. Their young daughter fought a courageous battle against cancer. The website is http://www.ashleighmariebooks.com/ . The book is lovely!


No comments: